I'm BEYOND Ready for Spring!
Has this winter felt like a YEAR, and not just a season, to anyone else out there? Hands up if you agree!
Winter has never been a fave of ours. For me, the cold is the WORST! Fred (my better half) lived in Florida for a decade, and talks about it on every cold, snowy day: "I sure miss the Florida heat..."
So, here's some interesting winter facts....maybe these will help us all feel better about the season, and feel a sense of hope that warmer days ARE around the corner.
- Coldest month of the year in Canada? FEBRUARY. (That month is done and at least it was a short one!)
- In the Arctic and subarctic regions, they experience only two seasons: a long winter (with night temps normally around -30/-35 degrees Celsius), and three months of summer (during which the temp is still around freezing or just above!) From October-February, they actually average ZERO sunshine hours per day. (I feel warmer already...)
- According to the Guinness World Records, on January 28, 1887, a snowflake 15 inches wide and 8 inches thick fell in Fort Keogh, Montana, making it the largest snowflake ever recorded. Makes those little snowflakes seem not so bad, doesn't it?
- Canada vies with Russia as the coldest nation in the world! Russia can have it!
- The lowest temperature ever recorded in Canada and North America? The village of Snag, Yukon, registered —63ºC on February 3, 1947. Brrrrr….pass me another sweater!
Okay, so those cold facts actually make me feel a BIT better about these frigid days. Spring is just around the corner...less than 2 weeks to go! I have a lovely bunch of tulips in the store right now and they are helping me feel better (a gift from the Pictou County Chamber of Commerce for our 3rd store anniversary celebrated last Saturday; the tulips came from McKean's Flowers Ltd.)
Find something today to make you feel warmer - maybe it's a fresh bouquet of flowers, baking some cookies, or something as simple as running your wrists under warm water for a few minutes (that actually works, try it!)
So, keep warm! Spring isn't far away!
Angela's Home Décor (Facebook)
Angela's Home Décor (YouTube)
Angela's Home Décor (Pinterest)